State and Community-Based Economic Assistance

Many state government and non-governmental resources are available to help Vermonters who are struggling with economic hardship. Programs exist to help Vermonters with home heating, nutrition and mental health services among many other things.

Here is a list of programs offered through the Vermont Department for Children and Families. You also may wish to contact Vermont 2-1-1, a toll-free referral service that connects Vermonters to a wide variety of helpful state and community based resources. Dial 2-1-1 from any Vermont phone number to reach Vermont 2-1-1.

If you need further assistance, please contact Senator Leahy's Burlington Office at 1-800-642-3193 (toll free within Vermont), or 802-863-2525.

If you have comments or concerns about an agency or program of the State of Vermont, you may wish to contact the Governor at 802 828-3333 or your State Senator or Representative.