Vermont Receives $536,400 for Energy Efficient Appliance Rebates
WASHINGTON, December 2 – Sens. Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.) and Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) and Rep. Peter Welch (D-Vt.) today announced that Vermont’s Energy Efficient Appliance Rebate Program will receive an additional $536,400 from the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE).
Funded by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, the program provides rebates to consumers replacing used appliances with new Energy Star-certified appliances. Vermont’s program, which will be administered by the Vermont Energy Investment Corporation through the Department of Public Service, is scheduled to begin in March.
“This funding will help Vermonters reduce their energy bills by encouraging the use of more energy efficient appliances. It will help Vermont families save money, provide a boost to the economy and help the environment,” said Sens. Leahy and Sanders and Rep. Welch.
The DOE awarded 10 percent of states’ Energy Star appliance rebate funding prior to the end of 2009, with the balance to be delivered following approval of each state’s application and program plan. Today, the DOE is awarding the remaining 90 percent to seven states, including Vermont. More information from the DOE on the Energy Efficient Appliance Rebate Program can be found here.
# # # # #
Press ContactDavid Carle: 202-224-3693
Next Article Previous Article