Leahy, Sanders, Welch Announce Report Detailing Recovery Act Energy Investments In Vermont
(THURSDAY, Sept. 16) – Senator Patrick Leahy (D), Senator Bernie Sanders (I), and Congressman Peter Welch (D) on Thursday announced a new report detailing the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act’s impact on Vermont’s clean energy economy.
The report, compiled by the Department of Energy, outlines the nearly $140 million worth of ARRA projects the state has benefited from, including local energy efficiency grants, statewide implementation of smart grid technologies and investments in energy-related businesses.
“This report shows that the Recovery Act is creating jobs in Vermont, upgrading the state’s energy infrastructure and laying the groundwork for future economic development,” Leahy, Sanders and Welch said.
Included in the report are the formula-based and competitive grants and tax credits Vermont institutions have received, including:
- $16.8 million in Weatherization Assistance Program funds to weatherize 1,600 homes for low-income families.
- $9.1 million to support the development of an electric battery production facilities at SBE, Inc. in Barre.
- $11.8 million in Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grant funds to implement local energy efficiency programs.
- $68.9 million in Smart Grid Investment Grant Program funds.
- $11.9 million in clean energy manufacturing tax credits for GE Aviation in Rutland
Click here to read the full report.
# # # # #
Press ContactDavid Carle: 202-224-3693
Next Article Previous Article