Congressionally Directed Spending Requests - FY 2023
In accordance with newly enacted reforms by the Senate Appropriations Committee to increase accountability and transparency related to congressionally requested spending, Senator Patrick Leahy, Chairman of the Senate Appropriations Committee, is making publicly available the list of congressionally directed spending requests he submitted for the Fiscal Year 2023 appropriations process. The bills listed below were open to requests for congressionally directed spending. These disclosures are being released in accordance with the deadlines set forth by the Committee.
- Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration and Related Agencies
- Commerce, Justice, Science and Related Agencies
- Energy and Water Development
- Financial Services and General Government
- Homeland Security (no Congressionally Directed Spending requests submitted)
- Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies
- Labor, Health and Human Services, Education, and Related Agencies
- Military Construction, Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies
- Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies
Note: The following bills were not open to congressionally directed spending requests.
- Legislative Branch
- State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs