Statement Of Senator Patrick Leahy, President Pro Tempore, On Passage Of The Inflation Reduction Act
“The Senate’s historic vote today represents a stark choice between two divergent views. The first, that we must do all we can to help American families, our seniors, and our economy. The second, that we should ignore the soaring costs of healthcare – and of particular prescription drugs – and the existential threats of climate change. The choice could not be clearer, and yet it is mired in partisan politics.
“Today the Senate advanced a once-in-a-generation bill to meaningfully address the real threats of climate change. It addresses the exorbitant price of prescription drugs. And, despite claims to the contrary, it is poised to reduce the deficit. Does this bill address every crisis facing our country? No. Does it take substantial steps forward in meeting the greatest threat to future generations in climate change? Yes.Read more here.
Latest Photo Gallery
- Senator Leahy’s Human Rights Legacy
- Patrick Leahy: The chilling assault on our constitutional republic - VT Digger Op-Ed
- Leahy: Assault on our Postal Service
- Leahy Unveils Legislation To Defend Power Of The Purse
- A Heads Up For THIS WEEK (& a Leahy-Lee WashPost Op-Ed, On Their Reforms To The FISA Surveillance Law)
- Patrick Leahy: Trump Broke The Law. Congress Must Now Defend The Separation Of Powers
- Leahy: FOIA sharpens focus on cover-up
- Science Under Attack: How Trump Is Sidelining Researchers and Their Work
- Leahy announces benefits to Vermont in funding bill
- Senator Leahy in The New York Times: What The Senate Does Now Will Cast A Long Shadow