Before I begin, I want to acknowledge that this morning, countless Floridians woke up to a world turned upside down in the wake of Hurricane Ian. And hundreds of thousands in Puerto Rico remain without power more than 10 days after the storm that ravaged the island. Vermonters will stand by your side as you rebuild your communities and your lives, and so will this chamber.
The continuing resolution we are about to consider contains $18.8 billion for the FEMA Disaster Relief Fund, which would bring available resources in the fund to approximately $35 billion to respond to these and other disasters. We likely will not know the extent of the damage for several days, but we are the United States of America, and I am ready to work with my colleagues to respond with what is needed.Read more here.
Latest Photo Gallery
- Senator Leahy’s Human Rights Legacy
- Patrick Leahy: The chilling assault on our constitutional republic - VT Digger Op-Ed
- Leahy: Assault on our Postal Service
- Leahy Unveils Legislation To Defend Power Of The Purse
- A Heads Up For THIS WEEK (& a Leahy-Lee WashPost Op-Ed, On Their Reforms To The FISA Surveillance Law)
- Patrick Leahy: Trump Broke The Law. Congress Must Now Defend The Separation Of Powers
- Leahy: FOIA sharpens focus on cover-up
- Science Under Attack: How Trump Is Sidelining Researchers and Their Work
- Leahy announces benefits to Vermont in funding bill
- Senator Leahy in The New York Times: What The Senate Does Now Will Cast A Long Shadow