As Senate Session Resumes, Leahy Joins In Introducing Resolutions To Halt Trump’s Conflict With Iran
Only President Trump would assert that the purpose of assassinating an Iranian general, ruthless yet revered by the Iranian people, was to ‘keep us out of a war,’ and to then threaten disproportionate attacks against dozens of targets in Iran including cultural sites that are protected under the Geneva Conventions.
Only Secretary Pompeo would insist that killing Soleimani has made America ‘absolutely safer,’ when Iran announced it would no longer recognize limits to uranium enrichment and vowed to avenge the death of Soleimani, millions of Iranians have united in calling for ‘death to America,’ the Iraqi Parliament voted to expel our forces, counter-ISIS operations in Iraq have been at least temporarily suspended, and thousands of U.S. troops are suddenly being deployed to the region. Without bothering to consult with anyone but themselves, the Administration has put all Americans, as well as our allies, at unnecessary risk.Read more here.
Latest Photo Gallery
- Patrick Leahy: Trump Broke The Law. Congress Must Now Defend The Separation Of Powers
- Leahy: FOIA sharpens focus on cover-up
- Science Under Attack: How Trump Is Sidelining Researchers and Their Work
- Leahy announces benefits to Vermont in funding bill
- Senator Leahy in The New York Times: What The Senate Does Now Will Cast A Long Shadow